Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Hovland Arts Festival

In my teeny town of Hovland, MN, there are a lot of artists- painters, photographers, jewelers, potters, weavers, knitters, musicians... and more. We have two art festivals every year, where artists can sell their work. One before Christmas, and one every summer. The summer Hovland Arts Festival is something that I look forward to all year. I love talking to neighbors and seeing the artists' work. One of the best parts of the summer art festival is live music from local musicians!
This was the first time I sold things at the summer art festival, although I did at the Christmas art festival once before. There were probably over  twenty artists this year. I sold jewelery, decorated boxes, bags, and other little trinkets.
It's fun to think of creative ways to display jewelery, like on this antler.
I made this... thing, out of driftwood, to hang necklaces and bracelets on.

My boxes & bracelets.

pop-tab belts! lots of people commented on these, but no one bought any.



My neighbors were there selling their home-made bird-feeders and snow-cones!

It was so great to talk to other artists, see their work, and hear the amazing live music in the background!



Our friend and neighbor, "Grandpa" David Hahn, who draws and paints with watercolors, drew this picture of my little lady friend, Sparrow, and I.

Darling!
So, another Hovland Arts Festival has come and gone, and I am already looking forward to and planning for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment